Check out some attacks from the OneHive 2.0 vs Star-King(VN) war. Be sure to subscribe to OneHive Labs for high quality Strategy videos!
In the CW Tactics TH8 set we have 4 attack styles that, in aggregate, will give you the best approach for 95% of the bases out there. Each attack style has a separate thread on the Supercell forums:
So, if the base you are worried about fits the 105 Dragoon attack keys above -- Read On!!! Otherwise click to the thread above that you need for your base.
Ok, now that we know you are on the right thread, at 10,000 feet here is an overview of 105 Dragoon Attack.
Here is a link to us walking through how to do the style in gross detail (but you get cool background music as you go ):
Note, in the video, the bases we show getting 3 starred are all max (AD level six) TH8 layouts. So pretty solid stuff. In the war the attacks were taken from the enemy clan (packino 2 from Indonesia) used the 105 style 21 times against us scoring 18 ... yes 18 ... 3 stars ... when attacking our TH8 bases (all they did was 105 -- I can see why).
Holy smokes Batman.
Hope this video helps. Comment and/or subscribe on Youtube if you like what you see.
The Eclipse offers a transformer base that is a perfect fit for any Town Hall 9 players looking for a base for Clan Wars.
Now featuring updated Defense Logs
As my Clannies would say, "This base f*cks sh*t up!"
- Features an Anti-Hog Ring which will be troublesome for any Hog users
- Two Air Defenses and all of my air bombs in the core do a great job against Balloons and Dragons
- Giant Bombs are placed next to each other to help halt any Hog-Rider attacks
- 4 places where double giant bombs may be make it hard for Hog attackers to plan where to attack
- Strategic funneling will cause giants to fly off of the map
- No free buildings making it harder to lure heroes and Clan Castle troops out
- Not a generic base and attackers will not know trap placement and tesla placement
- Clan Castle and Heroes are lurable
Note: Feel free to swap the spell factory in the core for any other building. I only put it there to keep most of my buildings symmetric. Also the Clan Castle can be swapped with the Dark Elixir.
Note: The builders' huts occupy the other possible placement of the giant bombs.
Yes, I consider my always-filled Clan Castle as a defense.
Note: The losses were because I was using the farming version and my town hall was on the outside.
Clan Wars Defenses
It took 21 max wizards, 2 golems, full spells, and both heroes to barely get 1 star, and a strong balloon-drag-minion combo failed! They even had time to plan these attacks!!
Overall Ending Comments
- Unlike most of the popular Transformer bases for TH9, this base is completely new and fresh as they like to say, thus meaning that the attacker will have never faced this base and will be unaware of trap placement and tesla placement (unless of course they stumble across this thread).
- Also, many people will request that I try to center the clan castle so please know that I am working on it but the shape of the core makes it tough.
- Lastly Please leave any thoughts or comments below (or in this thread). Try to keep it positive; nothing rude please, thanks.
There is a official forum post from Supercell telling us what they are planning to do in the next update to make Clan Wars better for us. This was within the feedback thread having thousands of user postings. These are some of the most talked about features that a lot of players would like to see added to Clash of Clans in the very near future.
Save base layouts
This is probably one of the most sought after features that everyone would like to see real soon - especially now that Clan Wars are here. It would make it much easier to have a few set base designs that we can switch back and forth to - depending on if we are farming or trophy pushing/in a war.
Dump Clan Castle troops
This is another great feature that should be implemented into the game. Ever have someone in your clan donate troops that you or someone else didn't want in your war bases clan castle? It would be great to be able to dump those troops in favor of more powerful, effective troops.
Claiming an opponent on Preparation Days
Another requested feature that we all hope Supercell adds to Clash of Clans. A lot of clans go about claiming the bases that they would like to attack in different ways - this would make it easier for you to do so. It would be great if we can claim a base right on the war map, informing fellow clan mates that we would like to attack said base.
What do you think would make Clan Wars better for you? Please post your comments below.
Welcome to the OneHive Blog: Updates, Strategies, Tutorials, Tips, & More!