Table of Contents
2........ The Properties of the Barracks
3.........Efficacy, Efficiency, and Consistency
4.........Most efficient and effective army compositions
5.........Best times to farm
6.........How to deploy troops properly and effectively
7.........What Trophy League to farm in? What army?
I’ve been playing this game for about 10 months now and I’m already close to maxing out my Town Hall 10 (yes with full level 11 walls and lvl 40 Heroes). I’ve recently stolen about 84 million Gold in one day in a Gold Grab contest against the clan Centum. Yes, that’s 84 million in 24 hours, and that’s just Gold (add in about 50 million+ Elixir). It’s true that I did boost everything and played the whole 24 hours, simply because I was interested in knowing my potential and had always wanted to make a 24 hour record run one day. So yea, doing the math, that’s about 3.5 million Gold stolen per hour on average during the 24 hour run. And before I even attempted this record, I never thought it was possible to steal this much resource consistently for 24 hours straight even if you were to boost all your barracks.
How I Farmed $84 million Gold in One Day
You don't have to spend ridiculous amount of hours every day to stay on top of this game. Even if you only have time to play only 1 hour a day, I'll teach you how to make the best out of that hour with what you have.
A lot of people also have the misconception that you need to spend a lot of Gems and boost your barracks to make a lot of resources fast, but I will prove to you that this is false, and that you can make resources FAST without having to spend a single penny.
How Will this Guide be Organized
- I will start by teaching you the basics. In order to truly learn how to make resources fast, you need to learn all the primary factors.
- Sometimes it’s difficult to teach someone just by having them read a manual or textbook. So along with a written document, I’m going to have a lot of pictures and videos teaching you my methods and how I attack certain bases. Most of these videos will show you how I raid in real time, meaning there won’t be edits. So you get a true feel of what bases I skip and target, along with what goes on in my mind when I’m searching and attacking.
- I’ll teach you the many different army compositions you can utilize for farming. And it’s simply not just Barch or BAM that are the most efficient as popularly conceived.
- What leagues you should be farming in depending on your Town Hall level.
- I’ll teach you how to use your gems wisely. The best way to use them for farming. Whether you wish to boost 2 Barracks or 4 or no boost at all, I’ll show you the best way.
- And much more that I’ve probably forgot to mention.
The Properties of the Barracks
Understanding all the properties of the Barracks is one of the most important things you need to know about to get more loot faster. Many experienced players may think they know everything about the Barracks, but in actuality a lot of them are unaware of its key properties. How can an experienced player not be aware? It’s not a surprise because the game never mentions it, not even the tips, and you won’t even find many of these informations in the Clash of Clans Wiki. So I urge you not to skip this part, and make sure you’re absolutely familiar with everything you need to know about the Barracks:
- Barracks are always training troops if your camps are not ‘full’
- If you have troops queued up in your barracks and your camps are ‘full’, then Barracks will stop training. However, they will continue to train troops if you are searching or attacking a base while your camps are 100% ‘full’ and you have troops queued in your Barracks! In order for this to take effect, you must complete an attack before returning to base.
- If you return to your base without attacking a base, then you have resetted all the troops trained by the Barracks even if your camp was 100% ‘full’ prior to searching/nexting. In order to make loot fast and efficiently, if your camps are 100% ‘full,’ then you must NEVER return to your base until you have completed an attack. It may sound like an anomaly, but it is a proven fact. Video proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXsOMBPPu5g
- Thus, even if your camp is 100% full, you should always make sure to fill up your Barracks before you start nexting again!
#2 - Minion = 22.5 seconds per housing space
#3 - Giant & Hog Rider = 24.0 seconds per housing space
#3 - Archer = 25.0 seconds per housing space
#4 - Goblin = 30.0 seconds per housing space
#5 - Wall Breaker* & Valkyrie = 60.0 seconds per housing space
#6 - Healer = 64.3 seconds per housing space
#7 - Dragon & Golem & Lava Hound = 90.0 seconds per housing space
#8 - Balloon = 96.0 seconds per housing space
#9 - Witch* = 100.0 seconds per housing space
#10 - Pekka* = 108.0 seconds per housing space
#11 - Wizard = 120.0 seconds per housing space
I would also like to clarify that this ranking is ordered by the speed of a certain troop to fill up your camp space, and not the cost of that troop in terms of Elixir. One Lv 6 Balloon occupies 5 housing space units and costs 4500 Elixir. One Lv 4 Dragon occupies 30 housing space at 42,000 Elixir.
One level 4 Dragon = 20 housing space in 30 minutes, costing 42,000 Elixir
Most Efficient & Effective Army Comps for Farming?
Thus, we add in Archers, which will make use of the capabilities of the Barbarians, which is not only to remove buildings out of the way, but also provide shield for Archers as they attack over walls. Minions are very fast to train, in fact they are more time efficient than Archers as they fill 1 unit every 22.5 seconds as opposed to Archers who fill 1 unit per 25 seconds. However, Minions cost Dark Elixir to train, which is more valuable than Elixir, so to balance your time efficiency with DE efficiency, you will have to limit the number of Minions you train if you wish to utilize them with Barbarians and Archers. I will explain more about the fundamentals of these army compositions later in the guide, but will give you a brief list of some commonly used farming compositions and their expense as well their efficiency in terms of how long they take to cook a full army:
- Barch - 2x Barbarians, 2x Archers: Estimated time for full army = 20 minutes and 20 seconds. Estimated Army for 220 camp space: 122 Barbarians, 98 Archers. Estimated total cost of Lv5 troops = 31,800 Elixir, Lv6 = 47,700, Lv7 = 63,600
- Barch - 1x Barbarians, 3x Archers: Estimated time for full army = 21 minutes and 30 seconds. Estimated Army for 220 camp space: 64 Barbarians, 156 Archers. Estimated total cost of Lv5 troops = 37,600 Elixir, Lv6 = 56,400, Lv7 = 75,200
- BAM - 2x Barbarians, 2x Archers, 2x 10 Minions: Estimated time for full army = 16 minutes and 40 seconds. Estimated Army for 220 camp space: 20 Minions, 100 Barbarians, 80 Archers. Estimated total cost of Lv5 troops = 26,000 Elixir and 200 DE, Lv6 = 39,000 and 220 DE, Lv7 = 52,000 and 220 DE
- BAM - 2x Barbarians, 2x Archers, 2x Minions: Estimated time for full army = 13 minutes and 40 seconds. Estimated Army for 220 camp space: 82 Barbarians, 66 Archers, 36 Minions. Estimated total cost of Lv5 troops = 21,400 Elixir and 360 DE, Lv6 = 32,100 and 396 DE, Lv 7 = 42,800 and 360 DE
- BAG - 1x Barbarians, 1x Goblins, 2x Archers: Estimated time for full army = 22 minutes and 30 seconds. Estimated Army for 220 camp space: 67 Barbarians, 45 Goblins, 108 Archers. Estimated total cost of Lv5 troops = 31,900 Elixir, Lv6 = 49,200, Lv7 = 63,350
- GiBarch - 2x 4 Giants + 2 Wall Breakers + rest Barbarians, 2x Archers: Estimated time for full army = 22 minutes and 36 seconds. Estimated Army for 220 camp space: 4 Wall Breakers, 8 Giants, 64 Barbarians, 108 Archers. Estimated total cost of Lv6 troops = 78,000 Elixir, Lv7 troops = 98,000 Elixir
However, whether it’s better than BAM with 20 Minions can be debatable as it takes about 8 minutes less to create the BAM composition. As for versatility, Minions provide versatility with their ability to attack over walls, but lack the tanking ability of Giants to distract and shield Barch. Thus, BAM is more favorable for outside collector raids and is a lot more time efficient to train, so you will be attacking and searching more bases. While GiBarch will allow you attack storages or collectors inside a base better, but not buildings outside as effectively and is much less time efficient and you will be searching and attacking less. So a composition such as GiBarch would be more favorable to someone who boosts their Barracks frequently. I will get more into details later as to the potential of these different compositions, how to attack with them, and what bases to target. As well as what trophy leagues these compositions are more favorable for, and the compositions most preferable for the type of player you are (whether you don’t boost at all or whether you’re a frequent booster).
When is it the best time to Farm?
The “Current Loot Index” number gives you an estimate of how good loot is. If it’s 5.0, then loot is decent. If it’s above 5.0, then there’s more loot available than normal. If it’s under 3.0, then it’s not a very good time. However, even if the loot index is at its lowest, 1.0, it doesn’t mean there loot is nonexistent. It just means that it will take you longer than usual to find good bases to attack.
Is this tool 100% accurate? No, but it’s pretty accurate. Many times I’ve found that the estimation is off by 30 to 60 minutes. Which means that if it shows that loot will be excellent in 3 hours from now, it could actually be excellent 2 hours from now. And that makes sense because it’s impossible to really predict when most people are going to be offline with dead bases. This tool does a great job though, and I use it frequently to check whether if it’s a good time for to boost my barracks or decide the best times to farm in the day if I have other things to do. I would really recommend this tool to everyone, and would also like to give a big thanks to the creator of the tool as well.
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST (GMT -5:00)
8:00 PM - 11:00 PM EST (GMT -5:00)
3:00 AM - 5:00 AM (GMT -5:00) *BEST*
The worst times to farm are:
7:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST (GMT -5:00)
How to Deploy Troops Properly
- Video Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ_rJJeGgg4
- Double/Triple Tap - Quickly summon two or three troops per tap, allowing you to quickly summon a bunch of troops in one side of the base to quickly distract and overwhelm the defenses. Excellent for trying to get inside a base by breaking through one or two directions, which is excellent for storage raids.
- Two/Three Finger Slide - Use two or three fingers, hold down and slide, allowing you to summon and spread out your troops quicker. Perfect for quickly removing outside buildings to get inside a base from one direction.
- Video Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWO3idd1v4
- Four Finger Fighting - Fastest method of summoning all your troops on all sides of the base. You can expect a balanced distribution of all troops summoned on all sides. Summoning troops at this rate will quickly distract all outside defenses and at the same time overwhelm them. This method is best used for dealing large amount of damages on the outer sections of the base. Excellent against collectors outside a base and great for saving time as this is a quick and lethal attack. Be sure to first check for outside bombs first before deploying all troops together. Heroes that are outside the base and active on defense are also a threat to this type of deployment. As well as high level Wizard Towers outside the base.
- Video Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9effA_DqhU
- Multi-Tap/Slide with Both Hands - Once you’ve learned the basics of deploying troops more effectively, you can then go onto learning more advanced deployment methods using both your hands for maximum effectiveness. Use your left hand to to switch between troops, while using your right to spawn troops. Then switch hands and use the right hand to change troops while you spawn troops on the left side with your left hand. Use 2 or 3 fingers and use the constant tap or hold and slide methods. Practice makes perfect.
Trophy League to Farm in? Troop Comp?
There are many factors that weigh into what the best leagues for you to farm in are and the best troops for you to use to make loot fast. Such as, if you’re boosting your Barracks, if you’re using the Archer Queen, and if you’re a casual farmer or a hardcore farmer. And whether you’re focusing a lot on Dark Elixir or you just want a good distribution of all resources. All these weigh into what the best league and army is for YOU.
So with those factors in mind along with maximum efficiency and effectiveness in mind for highest potential loot per hour, I’ve created a spreadsheet for the difference types of players, their Town Hall level, and their circumstances.